Healthcare and Senior Living
We have extensive experience in the private secondary healthcare and senior living sectors along with some private hospital and primary care work.
Our work encompasses wide ranging services including:
- Design and project management of new build residential care homes including dementia specialist care from inception through planning to completion of build.
- Technical due diligence for single asset or portfolio acquisition, sale and leaseback or lease regearing/ renewal. Adam has been responsible for managing due diligence of some of the largest UK transactions over the last 15 years.
- Development monitoring for banks, private funders and investors generally ranging from £1 million to £15 million.
- Schedules of Condition (usually required for new leases/ reletting) from private hospitals to Health Centres.
- Planned preventative maintenance schedules and budget costings normally for portfolios but also individual assets, either as part of a Capex/ Revenue expenditure plan or as part of acquisition.
- Reinstatement cost assessments for insurance purposes for single assets and portfolios on acquisition and annual review.
Adam also completed a dissertation and research for his Masters Degree in Real Estate Development & Investment entitled “All Our Tomorrows: The Future of Development and Investment in the UK Private (for-profit) Healthcare Sector - An Examination of Key Factors and Trends”. This analysed the state of the market, sector attributes and future possible trends in the private/ self-funded senior living sector. Adam would be happy to discuss his findings and work in this sector.